Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

I've seen two movies in the last couple of weeks.

First let me open this by saying I love movies. I am very much so inspired by films when making my art and it is rare for me to decline an invitation to watch a movie. Now, with that sad I have gone to the theater twice in the last couple of weeks and here's what I thought. The first movie I saw was Fighter starring Mark Wahlberg and Christian Bale. I thought Fighter was great, it was a compelling story and the characters seemed very real and very adapted. I thought the acting was great from pretty much everyone in it but Christian Bale as he often does stole the show to me. He seems to just get to another level that very few other actors can. Here's a trailer for Fighter which If I had to establish some sort of rating system I would probably do something with a one to five scale so I'd give fighter like a 4 out of 5. That seems fair. Go see it.



Now, the second movie I saw was True Grit starring Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon, as well as some other people but whatever. Anyways I thought the movie was good, Matt Damon was good, Jeff Bridges was awesome and hilarious as he usually is. Though I thought overall it wasn't what I was anticipating, there wasn't as much action as I thought there would have been. Now I'm not some bro who needs explosions and gun fights to like a movie I'm just saying it's not what I anticipated. Acting was ok overall, Jeff Bridges was really good. Story was neat characters seemed real enough. I'd say you should see it but theres no reason why you can't wait for it to hit like a redbox or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment