Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sword of the Stranger

Ok so this is a sort of review slash write up about one of my all time favorite animated features Sword of the Stranger. Sword of the Stranger was made by studio Bones and is an absolutely phenomenal work in animation. It has some of the coolest designs and just some of the best fight scenes in any anime I've seen. I think that while the plot may not be as deep as other movies it still serves it's purpose which to me is basically just to tell a pretty good story but mainly there to showcase some killer animation. This movie is very inspirational to me as an illustrator/comic artist because I think the style and camera work as well as the movement are very good and almost educational in a sense. I am fortunate enough to own the US version on Blu ray but also the Japanese deluxe edition that comes with a small book of some character model sheets as well as a collection of key frames from various parts of the film. Also packaged with it is a book of storyboards, literally the whole movies story boards, this was the reason I bought it. So like I sad not much of a review as more so a reflection and insight into what this movie means to me and how it impacted me. Here's a trailer and I hope you check out Sword of the Stranger.



Next time: Cowboy Bebop- The series and the feature :D

No comments:

Post a Comment